Vision and Values
Developing respectful and confident learners to achieve excellence for all
Our goal is to provide excellent opportunities in an honest, respectful, positive and purposeful climate for all to achieve excellence, become lifelong learners and responsible, successful, well rounded citizens.
Oasis Oldham will raise aspirations, expectations and achievement for all students and make a major contribution to the development of educational excellence through supportive and collegial collaboration
We strive for excellence in all, regardless of age, ability, gender, ethnic origin, personal circumstances, background or need.
We aim to:
- Provide high quality teaching and promote a positive approach to learning
- Ensure learning experiences engage, challenge and develop all students
- Ensure high expectations of all and treat others as we expect to be treated ourselves
- Enable all students to make exceptional progress, raise their levels of attainment and achieve success in their qualifications
- Constantly provide a wealth of remarkable, enriching opportunities for all, to develop their potential and equip them with skills and experiences that they otherwise would not have accessed
- Develop our school as a real hub of activities to ensure all students and the local community can benefit from the world class facilities after or before the school day
The aims set out above are supported by the following objectives:
- To provide an appropriate, relevant and balanced curriculum that enables the spiritual, cultural, moral and personal development of all learners to prepare them for lifelong learning
- To support all students and staff in a safe, happy, secure and structured working environment
- To enable all young people to become independent, confident and highly skilled learners
- To ensure all students develop a sense of honesty, fairness, personal responsibility, self-esteem, self-discipline and respect for others.
- To achieve high quality standards and excellence in all areas of the academy
- To regularly recognise, acknowledge and celebrate the excellence and achievements of all
- To develop effective links with partner primary schools, partner secondary schools, colleges of further education, Universities, local, national and international organisations to enhance educational opportunities for all