Vision and Values
At Oasis Academy Oldham, we are proud to serve a truly diverse community. We are committed to working in collaboration with our wider community by demonstrating kindness, compassion and a relentless positivity building a strong ethos of inclusion.
As well as excellent behaviour and high academic standards, we are committed to our school community being about more. Our Just Cause is what we do to make our school the best it can possibly be.
We are focused on:
We will use this language all the time with our students. We want them to do the same: to work together to improve their school and their wider community; to take up every chance they are offered in school and to make the best possible choices about their own behaviour and ultimately their own futures.
We identify and develop the gifts, talents and interests of all our students. Our curriculum and extended opportunities enable all students to engage in their education. They enjoy learning and achieve success. We help them learn how to be healthy and stay safe. They make positive contributions to their Academy, their community and the wider world. They develop spiritual, social, physical, emotional and economic wellbeing. The achievements of all our students are valued.
Our pastoral care provision reinforces our commitment to looking after and developing the ‘whole’ child.
We encourage and expect our students to:
- Participate in the many enrichment opportunities provided to enrich their own and the lives of others, and be professional by committing to a life of learning.
- Take pride in their appearance and studies, being present and punctual to school and all learning experiences in and out of the classroom.
- Be prepared for the day, week and term ahead, understanding the importance of being polite to others by, treating members of our school and wider community, as we would expect to be treated ourselves. We celebrate individual talents and abilities, developing confident, independent students who give their personal best, every day, every lesson.
- Take responsibility for their own behaviour and choices, understanding the impact they have on others.
- Develop positive learning behaviours including: self-direction, resilience and self-control.
- Self-regulate (as developmentally appropriate) their own behaviour by developing skill and confidence in managing conflict and difficulty.
- Develop strong dispositions and attitudes to their own and others’ learning and well-being.
- Understand what constitutes ‘responsible behaviour’ to prepare for life in modern Britain and Global citizenship in the 21st Century.
- Develop their ethical approaches and values in their lives.
Oasis 9 Habits
At Oasis Academy Oldham, as part of Oasis Community Learning, we are committed to developing the character and competence of every student in line with our Oasis 9 Habits.
Oasis believe that continually developing our character to become the best version of ourselves is important for every student and staff member alike. Therefore, we actively promote and practice the Oasis 9 Habits throughout Pastoral Curriculum, assemblies, and whole school PSHE programme. To find out about the Oasis 9 Habits please click here.
THE OASIS EDUCATION CHARTER
The Oasis Education Charter sets out our commitment to work in partnership with our communities to transform lives and create a culture of excellence for all. It underpins our approach to leading schools.
- We model and set high aspirations and expectations for every child and young person and member of staff
- We foster character and self-belief and encourage our students and staff to become the best versions of themselves
- We strive for personal as well as academic and vocational excellence, achieving outcomes that drive social mobility, and give everyone freedom of choice through their lives