Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least the National Expected Standard in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
All schools have to report on how this money was spent, as well as the impact of the premium to those pupils who are eligible.
At Oasis Academy Oldham, we know that students will struggle to be successful both socially and academically if they are not literate and numerate. We also understand that students have a range of starting points when they join us in Year Seven. Our aim is to provide literacy and numeracy support to those who are not at national expected standard to ensure they can access the curriculum and thrive in our school environment. Regardless of the veritable array of barriers some of our pupils face, our mantra of ‘High expectation – no excuses’ remains
The key principles are:
- To raise self-esteem and aspirations of pupils
- To accelerate academic progress to ensure there is no difference between Disadvantaged and Non-Disadvantaged pupils
- To enhance existing provision
- To identify concerns early and target support and interventions to accelerate progress
- To evaluate the impact of interventions and intervene quickly to maximise impact
Year 7 Catch Up Premium Summary 2018/19
Total Year 7 Catch-Up Funding Received 2018/19:
Proposed Total Year 7 Catch-Up Funding Spend:
|Total Year 7 Catch-Up Funding Received last year||£37,332|
For information on our catch-up premium, please click on the above button.
In this report you will find information on:
- How much premium our Academy received this year
- How we intend to spend the funding
- What we spent our funding on last year
- What difference this made to our students
- How we assessed the effect this had.
If you are interested in viewing the catch up report from last year, then you can do so by clicking here.