Exceptional Education at the Heart of the Community

Exceptional Education at the Heart of the Community

Age 11 - 18

No matter what is happening in your life, there is always someone you can speak to at the academy. In an emergency please call 999.

You can also talk to any of the organisations listed below to get help for problems you might have at home or at school. 

Internet Safety

Mental Health advice and support

Help for if you are caring for someone else

Violence at home

Support for those affected by alcohol


Forced marriage


Anti-radicalisation and extremism 




Internet Safety


Think You Know 

Think You Know is a website you can go to that will help answer your questions and to let you know how to be safe when you are using the internet. You probably use the internet for games or to talk to friends or even to search for information - Think You Know can help you stay safe. 

Visit the website at 

CEOPS link for reporting internet crime -


Internet Watch Foundation

The IWF’s vision is the global elimination of child sexual abuse imagery online. They work to make the internet a safer place for all, helping victims of child sexual abuse worldwide by identifying and removing online images and videos of their abuse. Their Hotline offers a safe place for the public to report anonymously.

Report content here:

Dos and Don’ts

DO NOT share private information on the internet.

If you are not sure DO check with your parents/carers before you give out information.

DO use the same rules when you surf the internet as you would walking down a street.

NEVER have face-to-face meetings with anyone you only know online.

DO accept friend requests from people you already know if you are friends with them, DO NOT accept friend requests or messages from strangers.

Cyber bullying is when one or more people try to tease, harass, threaten or embarrass another person using technology such as mobile phones or the Internet.


Mental Health advice and support


Childline can help you on with all sorts of problems you might have including mental health difficulties, any anxieties or issues you may have about your health, living situation or education. 

You can call them for free to speak to someone privately. You can contact a Childline counsellor about anything, no problem is too big or too small.

Call free on 0800 11 11 or visit 


YoungMinds & CAMHS

YoungMinds are a charitable organisation who work with the Children and Adolescents Mental Health Service (CAMHS) to provide support, advice and counselling to young people experiencing depression, anxiety, bullying and eating difficulties. 

You can find a guide to support offered at 


Give us a Shout

Shout 85258 is a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope.

If you’re struggling to cope, text SHOUT to 85258 and someone will get in touch to talk to you about your wellbeing.




Help for you if you are caring for someone else

The Children's Society 

Are you a young carer, and do you spend your time outside of school looking after a family member? The Children's Society work hard with Carers Trust to help support children who are caring for others. 

Through visiting their website, you can get information on who to talk to, looking after yourself and advice on staying safe. You can also find information on projects near you. 

Visit their website today on 

You can call their number to find out more information about where you can go for support near you on 0300 303 7000 


Carers Direct 

Carers Direct is for anyone who is looking after a family member who is ill or disabled or needs special help. It is part of the NHS website and offers information and advice. 

There is a phone number you can call to talk to someone on 0808 802 0202

Or you can visit their website on 




Violence at home

There are lots of different people who can help you if you are being hurt at home or if you are worried about someone in your family being hurt at home. It can happen to anyone, but we don't always know who the right person is to talk to. 



Refuge are an organisation that can help you to understand what is right and what is wrong about relationships at home. They have information on their website about who you can talk to, how you can talk to them, and what to do if you are worried.

You can visit their website at





The NSPCC are there to talk to you if you are worried about being hurt or abused by one of your family or someone you live with or if you are worried about someone you care about being hurt. They are able to offer support and to take some details from about what is happening. They can also talk to you through their counselling service.

You can visit their website at

You can email them on or you can call them on 0808 800 5000


Support for those affected by alcohol

The National Association for Children of Alcoholics

If you are affected by a loved one drinking too much or having difficulties with managing their alcohol intake then there is support in place for you. NACOA offer a free and confidential helpline, ongoing support, information and FAQs. There are even links to other people's experiences on the website. 

Visit their website at: 

Alternatively you can call their free helpline on 0800 358 3456




Every child has the right to not be touched by an adult when they do not want to. Female Genital Mutilation is illegal, and a form of abuse, therefore should be dealt with quickly and seriously. FGM comprises all procedures involving partial or total removal of the external female genitalia or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.

The NSPCC have a special helpline for anyone concerned about FGM, or anyone who has been affected by FGM. You can call them on 0800 028 3550 or email them directly on 

If you are concerned that a child is at imminent risk of harm, or may leave the country for the purposes of FGM in the next 48 hours you can call the police on 999.
Where concerns are not imminent but are still serious, please call the Children's Helpdesk on 01452 426565


Forced Marriage

Forced Marriage Unit (FMU)

The FMU is a government initiative set up to support anyone who is worried about or is at risk of being forced into a marriage, or anyone who has already been forced to marry another person. A trained professional will give you free advice on what you can do next, and help you with finding a safe place to stay or stopping a visa if you have been forced to sponsor someone. You have the right to choose who you marry, when you marry or if you marry at all. 

Visit their website on

Call their support line Monday to Friday (9-5) on 0207 008 0151 or during out of work hours on 0207 008 1500 and ask for the global response centre. 


The Freedom Charity

The Freedom Charity have been raising awareness and working hard to stop forced marriages from happening within the UK. On their website you will find resources, information and direction for how to get support if you are concerned about someone or yourself. 

Visit their website on

Or call their helpline on 0845 607 0133

Alternatively you can text them on 88802 and they will call you back. You need to send the message '4freedom' 




If you are worried you might be pregnant, have any questions about pregnancy or are already pregnant and looking for support, Brook are able to help you. They are a national organisation dedicated to educating young people about pregnancy and sexual health, and have many links with other support services and helplines. They also have a forum available for users to post questions and communicate with each other in a safe and supportive environment. 

Visit their website at


Family Lives

Family lives offer a listening and supportive, non-judgemental service for parents. They have a lot of information on their website, including parenting advice videos and forums to chat to other families. Thy offer online parenting courses too for those wanting to be prepared for parenthood. 

You can visit their website on 

Alternatively you can call their helpline on 0808 800 2222 for information, advice, guidance and support between 9am-9pm Monday to Friday or 10am-3pm at the weekend. 


Anti-Radicalisation and Extremism


PREVENT is about safeguarding people and communities from the threat of terrorism. It is one of 4 elements of CONTES, the Government's counter terrorism strategy, aiming to stop people from becoming involved in terrorism or supporting terrorism. The Home Office works with local authorities, Multi-Academy Trusts, and a wide range of government departments and community organisations to deliver the strategy. 

Please click here for a link to the official government document

Attached is a helpful guide for parents about Keeping Children and Young People Safe Against Radicalisation and Extremism




STOPTHETRAFFIK are part of the Oasis family, and are dedicated to the abolition of human traffiking, including sexual exploitation, somestic servitute, labour exploitation, force marriage, organ harvesting, forced criminality, drug trade and child soldiers. On their website are resources on spotting the signs of trafficking, ways to help or get involved in what they do and a safe place to share information on trafficking if you are worried about someone or at risk yourself. 

Visit their site on 


Don't forget you can always ask for help from any of your teachers at the academy