The information shared on this page is designed to support parents and students to understand the remote learning offer at our academy. More in-depth detail has been provided to parents throughout the year (and is available on other pages of our website) through letters home and news updates, however, this page serves as a reminder of key points.
If you have any questions at all, please get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is taught to pupils at home
- What should my child expect from immediate remote education in the first few days?
- How long can I expect work set by the academy to take my child?
- How will my child access the online remote education?
- If my child does not have access to online learning at home, how will you support us?
- How will my child be taught remotely?
- What are your expectations for my child’s engagement and the support that we as parents and carers should provide?
- How will you check whether my child is engaging with their work and how will I be informed if there are concerns?
- How will you assess my child’s work and progress?
- How will you work with me to help my child who needs additional support at home to access remote education?
- If my child is not in school because they are self-isolating, how will their remote education differ from that of the rest of their class?
Information for pupils and parents
- Team Spirit Notice Boards
- Parent Communication
- Recommended Reading List
- Literacy Resources
- Teams Guide
In the event of a bubble closure or a lockdown due to COVID-19 please use this page of the website to support and guide you with commonly asked questions and matters that may arise.
Safeguarding, advice and support
Please know that even if your child isn’t in school due to a period of directed self-isolation due to a positive COVID-19 case in their bubble, safeguarding support and guidance is still available.
Parents, carers and students – please know you can contact our Designated Safeguarding Lead in school at T.Heap@oasisoldham.org in the first instance.
You may also find the following websites helpful:
Free School Meals
Free School Meal Voucher Update
Please find important updates of the move from hampers to vouchers here:
If your child is entitled to free school meals, you should receive vouchers imminently. It is very important that we have your up to date contact details so we can get vouchers to you. Please inform us of any changes in your contact information as soon as possible via our Admin Team, email@example.com it is key that you keep us informed of any changes to your contact details.
Extended Learning from Home
We endeavour to build learning habits for life in all our community. To that end our curriculum is designed to deepen student understanding and knowledge, while covering a breadth of appropriate content. To support this concept and while students are having to do more from home and work more autonomously we will continue to offer additional core knowledge based resources for all years to use as supplementary to the in class and at home resources they receive.
These resources can be found here
To gain access to this section of the website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your head of year for support.
Microsoft Teams - Online Lessons and Learning
All our families and students that were learning with us from home throughout the national lockdown, you will hopefully now be very familiar with Microsoft Teams. For everyone newer to the school and those looking for some more guidance, we hope to offer it here.
Microsoft Teams is an online platform that can be used to connect our teachers to our students. Staff and students can safely and securely teach live lessons, set and give feedback on work, and allow two-way communication between both parties. We also use it for online assemblies and sharing key messages with students. We will do this, even after the challenges of COVID-19 have passed.
Only users with an Oasis IT and email account can gain access to our MS Teams, ensuring students online safety and confidence in who they will see and speak to on the platform.
- Users must know their school email address and password (used to log in to our computers in school too) to gain access.
- If a student does not know their username and password they should email their head of year, assistant head of year of pastoral leader to get it reset (contact details below)
- Guidance on using MS Teams and how to navigate it can be found here
Using MS Teams
- To support students using MS Teams we have put together some mini guides to the key features
- TIPS AND TRICKS GUIDES
- Your teacher will and pastoral tutors will also be happy to help if you ask!
Head of Year
email@example.com / Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember that all Students, Parents and Carers also have access to the 100% Homework resources on the school website. These can be found under Curriculum and 100% Homework. You will be able to filter by subject and read a homework overview for both term one and term two for each subject. You will also have access to a reading list and related resources that your child can use to revise what they have been taught so far in lessons.
Knowledge Organisers – information on what they are and how to use them
Knowledge Organisers are usually a list of the key knowledge that a student needs to know for a topic. They are used across a number of subjects within the Academy to support student learning and to aid revision. Where these are available, the student can use them to revise using the technique of Look, Cover, Say, Write, Check or using Flashcards to quiz their knowledge.
We recommend that students use the knowledge organisers to learn and revise from and that parents use them to quiz their child at home.